I wish myself a happy 65th.
This is the last birthday with significance attached to it from outside. Only because of Medicare, since I already retired and I already get Social Security. So from now on birthdays will just be what they are: celebrations of living another year. Well, if I live to be 100, that will be significant.
Tomorrow Peggie is taking me out for king crab. Fresh Alaskan King Crab. Served up hot and buttery right in Alaska. And the next day is off, so we might have an adult beverage or two.
Today, I took a jeep to Whitehorse for a new windshield and saw two bears on the way home. Peggie took her regular tour and saw another moose in Tormented Valley. That's two in two days. Both in places where I have not heard of moose being before. It is fun having her doing tours and getting to see these things.
Yukoners are celebrating my birthday, also. They call it Discovery Day and take a three day weekend. (The klondike gold was discovered on Aug. 16, 1896.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yesterday's passengers included a professional landscape photographer who is going to email pictures to everyone on the tour. She got magnificent pictures of the eagle taking off.
Today's group was three families (all friends)--Chinese-Canadians. We had a lot of fun and they were teaching me Chinese. One son delivered a speech on behalf of the whole family with a very handsome tip. I was able to thank them in Chinese, Spanish, English and Japanese--ah...multi-lingual. They are also going to email pictures.
The tours are great fun and animal sightings are icing on the cake.
Glad you're enjoying this "job" Peggie - sounds like fun. Four languages - what a show-off!
Enjoy your crab, Birthday Boy!
Post a Comment