Saturday, June 19, 2010

Ready to convert

We would have said we got up at O dark thirty this morning, but there is no dark, so there can be no dark thirty. But we got up earlier than usual in order to get to Whitehorse to get the catalytic converter replaced on the jeep. There is a one hour time difference and a two hour drive so that makes it real early to get up so you can be there when they open. We already knew it was a warranted item, so no money involved. Whew! The work was done in a timely manner, so we are once again safely converting catalytically, or whatever.
Of course we had to do some shopping and restauranting as well. We dropped the jeep off and walked to a place for breakfast, then to Walmart, a meat store, a pet store (you don't want to know) then back to the dealer to wait. It was difficult not to buy a new $50,000 Ram truck, but I was a little short of Canadian currency, so I decided to wait. After the work was done, we drove to some additional stores, ate lunch at Earl's and headed home. We saw two bears on the way back.
Just as we finished unloading, Jane and Allyson hollered at us to join them for dinner, so we did. Three restaurant meals in one day. It's like traveling.

3 comments:

Margie said...

You realize of course that just saying we don't want to know is enough for us to want to know. So please tell about the pet store - getting a leash for one of this year's bear cubs?
I am happy that you restrained yourself from purchasing the truck, because you would have to drive back separately - not nearly as much fun.

Bill said...

The customs agent we call Drill Sgt. Brown keeps his hair in a boot camp cut. One day I asked him how he kept it so neat. Peggie had just cut my hair with beard trimmers and the process was less than ideal. I can't stand the only hair dresser in town, and Canadian cuts are $25. He said he does it himself and that dog trimmers are superior to the human kind. So I was looking for dog trimmers.(that story was too distracting from the theme of the post)
We wouldn't drive separately, I would have to spend more to get a tow bar. Shopping for cars is the only kind of shopping I like, especially when I know it is just window shopping. But just think how much stuff we could bring back!

Unknown said...

More room for fabric!!!