Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Popcorn rain tm

I hereby officially coin the term "popcorn rain."

You all know what I mean. The rain starts with a DROP then another DROP. Then two DROP...DROP............DROP.......DROP DROP DROP........DROPDROP. ..DROPDROPDROPDROPOPOPDROPOPOPOPOPPPPPPPPP. Maybe you get some hail, then the whole thing is gone with everything in reverse order like it is time to dump the popper pan.

We didn't have that today. Oh, it started like that, but it went on and on and on until water couldn't get off the road fast enough. We were on a drive on some of the almost roads that run through the forest all around us. We had just gone through our third gate when Peggie said to look at the clouds. She predicted we were in for a downpour. She was right. Luckily, during the height of it, when we could barely see far enough to continue driving, the next fence we came to had a cattle guard instead of a gate.

The drive took two hours, and we covered exactly ten miles. That's what I mean by almost roads.

No comments: