Sat. Sept. 8, 2012
Last night I had to once again crawl out of my nice warm bed, get dressed and go into the cold, dark night. This time it was to tighten the awning that was being snapped by the wind. Now, understand that we heard coyotes yipping nearby when we were going to bed, and those re-introduced wolves are around somewhere, but I didn't mind. I am so brave!
This morning when it was actually time to get up, the rain and wind had stopped, but it was still overcast. When I stepped outside with my hands full of breakfast fixin's (we find it is less messy if we fry bacon outside) I spotted a flock of turkeys in what we call our front yard. They saw me, or heard me, and began heading for the tree line. By the time Peggie responded to my call, they were well on their way and disappeared pretty quickly. We estimated twenty or so, with about a third of them juveniles.
So here's a big THANK YOU to all you from-the-cities noise makers who have left our woods so we can enjoy the natural wildlife.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment