Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Now THIS is FUN!!

Peggie has created an album to go with this post. Check it out.
Today was the orientation at Caribou Crossing and Peggie, Bryan, and I were the only ones who chose to go. I was just curious to see if the new owners had changed anything, and Peggie and Bryan needed to see it for the first time. We had been there twice with passengers, but didn't get any of the inside on what is new. Peggie drove the mini bus for the first time, and I sort of gave my narration, with many modifications caused by questions. Also, I haven't done this in two years so there was some rust in my delivery. We arrived in good time to see a ring of drivers from a competitor company standing in the parking lot. I know and like most of them, but three of eight were new to me. I met the husband side of the new owners for the first time, also. As soon as introductions were done all around, including some of the CC staff, the owner got attention and asked, "Is there anyone who does NOT want to take a helicopter ride." We all looked at each other and saw confusion but no raised hands. Why is he asking that?
Well, one of the new "staff" we had just met has a heli-ski company in winter, and looking for a way to get year round income thought that offering short rides to our passengers might work out. And to help us sell it, he gave us a free 10 minute ride around the Carcross area. In a helicopter, you can cover a lot of ground in ten minutes. We went into the mountains and over Bennett Lake and the town. They haven't worked out the price yet, but when they do, we both can enthusiastically sell the ride. I mentioned it was worth going today for free lunch and beautiful scenery. I didn't expect the aerial view of that scenery.
Speaking of scenery, it has only been three days since our last drive there, and the loss of snow is amazing. Water is running off everywhere. Rocks are pushing through. Soon there will be.......ANIMALS!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

karin says : picture is great, where is the helicopter?

Margie said...

What a cool perk! I love helicopter rides! This sounds like a wonderful addition for the tourists and should be a money-maker for sure.
Glad you're keeping us posted.
Dave, his brother Jon, his sister Becky, and her husband John got back okay from their four day hiking and camping trip in Grand Canyon yesterday. They had a wonderful time and took some fantastic pictures.

Karin said...

Karin: all the helicopter pictures came up today and that looks like a fun activity. I would pay to do it.

Michaela said...

Beautiful views! Helicopter rides are so awesome, I'm glad you guys got to go! The snow is so beautiful, and everything looks so peaceful.