Peggie is correct. Today is like the coldest, winteriest, nastiest days in Tucson. But folks, that ain't bad, comparitively speaking.
I had to take a bus to Whitehorse today, and since Don had no tours scheduled, he went with me. He needed to pick up some oil filters. One of the duties he has is to winterize all the jeeps. This includes changing oil so the jeeps are ready to roll next spring. That is the same reason I was taking a bus up. The buses stay at the Ford dealership so they can do whatever is necessary when they have time over the winter to have the buses ready each spring. We went to the Jeep dealer for his filters (and wipers for my truck) and to get an emergency road kit out of one of his jeeps that will stay there for repairs. When we got back, he found out one of the Jeeps was ready to come to Skagway. Nobody mentioned this to him when we were there! So now he has to make another trip tomorrow.
Our drive was uneventful. Many goats, but no bears or moose. The snow is heavier and lower (4000') on the mountains. There is still lots of color, but also lots of leaf loss. The color changing phase has lasted longer than people told me it would. Tomorrow Don's tours may get to see fresh snow on Montana Mountain.
I cannot believe I only have two more tours to drive. Then a day of ferrying buses.
Peggie has unknown more days to work. Her job has always been harder than mine.
We still hope to leave Sun or Mon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I miss you but you can't come back yet - I am enjoying having the jeep too much!
Spend a few weeks in Oregon or something :)
Sounds like Casey needs to get her hoarded dollars out and go shopping for a car! The deals are great out there right now Casey!
Bill - By the time you get down here, the 100 degree days should be over for 2009 so you will fulfill that goal. Enjoy the rest of your time in Alaska, and enjoy your trip home. And keep taking pictures so we can all enjoy vicariously!
Post a Comment