There was new snow at maybe 4500 ft. on the mountains.
On the way, Peggie was amazed at the massive amount of color change that has taken place in the last week. I think it has grown even since I was up there yesterday.
We had an excellent bear sighting. It was a young black with a white mark on his chest, and could have been Blaze whom I haven't seen since May. He stayed in the road and acted kind of confused.
At one point he approached my car (I was driving Dave's car to Whitehorse with Peggie following in our truck) like he was asking for food. We finally had to leave because more cars were coming, but he stayed in the road wandering back and forth looking lost.
When we got to Whitehorse, we ran into Don and we were able to have lunch together while our truck was being serviced. Now that it is time to come home, we found Whitehorse's best restaurant. It is called Earl's. We all thought our food was fantastic. Then Don came back to Skagway while Peggie and I did a little shopping and she got her hair cut.
Last night I attended a potluck for James, a driver from another company who suffered a heart attack last week. He is in Anchorage and will be flown to Tucson, where he lives, for a pacemaker. It was a good turnout of drivers from all the companies. It was fun talking to them. I wish we had done something like this at the beginning of the year. Some of them I didn't know.
Tonight we'll play cards with the group and Peggie and I are taking the train to the Summit tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment