Saturday, September 5, 2009

Third half of a day off

We had a wonderful potluck (is there any other kind) with nine people, then played cards. Don was not feeling well, neither was Janie, so they didn't come. There is a flu bug in town, so we hope they don't get it too bad, and we don't want it at all. Lysol, lysol, lysol.
We heard stories of two more bears in town, so the darkness at night is not so cool when we have to walk very far.
A very full, well spent day off. And we have all kinds of leftovers for tomorrow.

2 comments:

Peggie said...

Competitive Bill didn't mention (I'm sure it just slipped his mind) that I WON the first game of cards. It was a close couple of games. I guess his competitiveness has kind of rubbed off on me.

Unknown said...

Hey, Peggie and Bill,this is Anita Howard (retired principal of Donaldson)and I heard about your Alaska adventure from MaryAnn Mcclung and Amy Smythe. I started reading at the beginning and have read up through half of June. I was so interested because we made that trip the year before, 2008. We spent time in Skagway, so I can picture all of the places you talk about. Two things I am not sure you have talked about, but there is a totem pole carver in Haines worth seeing, and also, that fun little garden place at the end of town in Skagway..... two of our favorite experiences. Also in Haines (we stayed in Haines) we met a really interesting couple: he a jeweler and her an artist and gardener. They are just delightful people with a darling home/shop in that white fort area up on the hill. Maybe you have run into all of those things, but I don't know because I am still in June on your blog! If you are interested in our blog, www.anitaraehoward.blogspot.com.