Sunday, August 23, 2009

Fabric!

The other day I mentioned to Bill that I've bought more fabric than I thought I would while working in the quilt shop. He laughed and said, "Well, you knew you were going to buy fabric, right?" I replied "Yes, but I bought a little more than I originally figured." He said, "Well, it's not like you have a trunk full or anything like that."

Ha, Ha, Ha, chortle, snort, Ha, Ha, Ha, sniff, sputter, tears streaming down my face, Ha, Ha, Ha...

"Well, that rubbermaid container over there is full of fabric." "The whole thing?" "Well, no I have thread and beads in there that I brought with me." "That's not so bad" he said. "Yeah, of course I also filled that rubbermaid container under the bed...and my tote bag next to the bed...and the two shoe boxes next to that...and stored some in the overhead compartment over the sofa...and some in that red shopping bag..."

And, Becky, Aimee, Mary Ann, Peggy, Sandy, the punchline is "My gosh, you must have $200 worth of fabric in here." Ha, Ha, Ha, chortle, snort, Ha, Ha, Ha, sniff, sputter, tears still streaming down my face, Ha, Ha, Ha....

It's a good thing Mary Ann emailed me that she and Aimee have some "outrageous fabric projects" planned for when I get home.

Here is a preview of some of the fabric I bought. That little granddaughter has been going camping with her Mommy and Daddy. So, Grandma had to make something today so I can mail it tomorrow so she'll have it for her next camping trip. Priority mail from Skagway to New York isn't very fast but I'm hopeful.

Posted by Picasa
P.S. Janie is winning. She must have $300 worth of fabric!!!!! Ha, Ha, Ha, chortle, snort, Ha, Ha, Ha, sniff, sputter, tears still streaming down my face, Ha, Ha, Ha....

4 comments:

Bill said...

Whew! I am so glad Peggie is going to mail that camping accessory to Ariana. Thats a quarter yard of fabric we don't have to try to carry home.

Peggie said...

Whew, it's a good thing I had some fabric because I needed packing material to store those Christmas presents we bought yesterday. I used up all the fabric in my two shoe boxes so they are now EMPTY and awaiting something new...Ha, Ha, Ha, chortle, snort....

Caseygirl said...

Dad I know mom is bringing her work home, but don't think you need to pack a cub or eagle or anything ok?!

Margie said...

Hmmm - I thought the idea of working all summer was so you could pay for the trip and not be in the hole financially after spending a wonderful "vacation" in Alaska. Sounds like your job might have cost as much as you have made, Peggie! But what terrific stuff you can make with those Northwest prints!
Kelly had a pool party yesterday for her fifth birthday. She lost her first tooth Saturday night, and has another one loose. She and her "best friend" Addie (they have known each other a week, since school started) were inseparable. The monsoon threatened, but went north and west, so the afternoon was sunny and about 90 degrees - perfect for a pool party! The only sign we are seeing so far on a change in the season is that the sun was just coming up at 6:00 a.m. this morning.