Friday, August 7, 2009

I also have some Arizona beach front...

Background: You may or may not have noticed in our pictures, the pipeline next to Pitchfork Falls. The waterfall is a popular photo stop. The pipeline brings water to the hydroelectic plant we visited earlier, and which we featured in our blog. Naturally, we have to explain the prominent pipeline next to the falls to the tourists.
I told Don that on the last tour day I am going to tell tourists that several years ago the glacier feeding the falls finally melted away and the falls stopped flowing. The city tourist bureau, knowing how popular the falls were, decided to do something, so they had the pipeline constructed to take river water up to the top of the canyon and make the picturesque falls flow once again. Don told his (young naive) drivers this.
Today Don and Karin got to go as tourists on the jeep tour. The guide informed the crowd that the pipeline carried water to the top of the falls. After waiting a bit for the punchline, Don realized what had happened. The guide was aghast. "Do you know how many tourists I've told that to?"
I wondered if I would be able to sell that story to tourists. Apparently it was an easy sale.

2 comments:

Margie said...

That is definitely a story that should go in the Skagway newspaper - it is too funny to not share it, and residents would get such a kick out of it!
By the way - We really do have Beach property in Arizona! HaHa!

Caseygirl said...

hahhahahaha, that is what Don gets for not telling the story correctly to his guides - he always sounds so sincere and trustworthy.

It must be so hard to work with people with no funny bone!