At 6:00 AM this morning Jim did not start up his noisy diesel truck to go to work. All summer, except on his days off, Jim has left for his job driving a big diesel bus in his noisy diesel pickup at 6:00AM. Everybody in the trailer park is aware of Jim's comings and goings.
For the last two hours, trains have not been chugging and rumbling and clattering and screeching down to the docks to load passengers who are not streaming off of cruise ships that are not sitting at the docks.
The streets are not full of walkers and bike riders making their way downtown to service the thousands of cruisers who will not be in town today.
Peggie and Corrinne are not avoiding a walk or bike ride in the rain by riding in my bus downtown.
All up and down Broadway shops and stores and restaurants are not opening for business.
We are not leaving town today because Peggie is not done inventorying and storing everything in two stores.
I am not driving a tour today because I AM done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Not bad!
And, I am not doing laundry today.
Hooray! I am NOT at work today either. Liz had a small surgical procedure yesterday so I took the two days off to take care of her. She is NOT back on her feet quite as fully as expected. Mom had another gall bladder attack yesterday, and is still NOT feeling good, so Liz is here where I can take care of both invalids in the same house. Just call me Nurse Beach - NOT Nurse Ratchett!
You are such a good mom and daughter all at once! well played :)
Dave said,
I am NOT off today and I am NOT happy about it. While everyone else is off it is causing a KNOT in my stomach. Right Peggy?
If I had posted this on Friday, I could say I am not off today-I am doing this on Saturday so I am off today. Hope everyone is feeling better. Don called and he is not off today- he is not doing tours, but is winterizing jeeps. Oh all the nots of the world.
Bill i just thought of another thing to your seeing the bear. it was a Kodiak moment.
Post a Comment