Friday, September 4, 2009

Oh, That's what Blogfodder is.

First of all, Don came over last night to tell us he had to go up the jeep mountain to rescue a jeep who's gas tank had fallen off. Yep, fell right off on the trail. Just hanging on enough to be dangerous. So he got to get on the ground, crawl under the jeep and disconnect the threads holding the tank on. Then they coasted the jeep in neutral down the mountain and had it towed to Whitehorse. Don got to get muddy and wet (it was raining, of course) but best of all he cut himself on something enough to draw blood. A successful rescue.
Today, I again got to drive a bus to Whitehorse for radiator repairs. On the way back I was so struck by the fall foliage that I decided to pull over for some pictures. Who said uh oh?
The pictures came out great, we'll share them in an album later.
When I tried to pull back onto the road, though, I discovered that I was parked in soft sand with only a single layer of gravel on top of it for camoflage. Yes, I was stuck. But not bad. I worked for about 30 minutes to get out without making it worse. And I drew blood, a good sign. Then a good samaritan, another bus driver on a day off, stopped to offer assistance, but eventually I asked him to take me to Carcross where I might get help. Finally, I called Don. He came quickly (it is a 90 minute drive) and pulled me back onto the road.
So the point is.......I GOT STUCK AND DON HAD TO PULL ME OUT!

2 comments:

Margie said...

Did you get wet and muddy too?
Nice to even things up, isn't it?

Bill said...

No, it wasn't raining on me today. I got eaten by blackflies, a larger version of gnats, and I got sandy, not muddy.